Leaders Disappearing

prophici

I have a group of 10 folks including myself, and no consistent AutoCad version. I think this is where the problem is coming from.

I have AutoCAD 2014, two with AutoCAD 2017, three with AutoCAD 2016, one with AutoCAD 2015, three with AutoCAD LT 2017. Everyone "saves down" to the 2010 version, but it doesnt seem to help.

The issue is that leaders on text keep disappearing. Nothing else does, just the leaders.

Am I correct in thinking that this is a compatibility issue with using so many different versions of AutoCAD?

Welcome to CADTutor prophici. :)

It would be helpful, if you could post a .dwg exhibiting this behaviour. Not a screenshot, but a sample drawing.

Strip out any proprietary information, we really only need to see a little bit, including a few of these troublesome leaders.

Just had a thought, are you all using the sam DIMstyle?

Leaders are controlled by the DIMSTYLE, so that might be your problem.

These are not MultiLeaders, correct?

I am skeptical of this issue being related to different versions of Autocad.

Might you all be using DimStyle STANDARD, which may have been altered on several of the desktops?

I am curious why you aren't all saving to Autocad 2013, instead of 2010?

AutoCAD 2013 to 2017 use the same file format, so you don't need to save it down to version 2010.

I do have some bad experience working with different versions of AutoCAD, and it might be the problem. My suggestion is to use 2013 format and try to install latest AutoCAD updates to each version.