link a predefined field to an object

hi

im working with fields connected to objects for area calculations,

each time i need a new field i have to do the same initial operation over and over (Field > Object >Select>Additional Formatting etc)

i want to set a predefined field so all i need to do is the select the object which i want to link to.

how can i do it?

Thanks

S

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samifox

• tombu

• Dadgad

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi

im working with fields connected to objects for area calculations,

each time i need a new field i have to do the same initial operation over and over (Field > Object >Select>Additional Formatting etc)

i want to set a predefined field so all i need to do is the select the object which i want to link to.

how can i do it?

Thanks

S

yaa im a big fan of LEE, but it seems like i miss that one

Thanks

hi

i never been a math genius but autocad got confused here (or me)

290.10+3.84=293.94 (sorry for the mistake in the attached image)

but the preview shows 674.58

?

30-05-2017 07-51-45.jpg

The 3.84 is for some reason being read as 384, and that is being added to 290.1.

I haven't delved into the field expression, but am guessing that the units format in your field may be the problem.

Do you have any Additional Formatting specified?

no.

ive attached a sample dwg

[ATTACH]61379[/ATTACH]

im the sample i\ve set the point to read 290.10 ,

ive offset it 50 units up,

i expect it to now read 290.60

If you subtract 290.1 from 290.6, you will see that the difference is 0.5 mms, not 50mms, doesn't seem very surprising to me? :huh:

If the units you are working in is centimeters, you can't input a measurement in meters into a formula and expect Autocad to work it out, you will need to add some additional math in the formula to make the units the same type.

field-prob.dwg

The drawing units are mms, and yes, I agree steven-g, glad you spoke up, as per my conjecture in the first response. :beer:

On Lee's website, in his description of the capabilities of the lisp, he describes the steps needed to define or alter field units, in conjunction with the lisp to which I linked in my earlier post.

Edited by Dadgad

:thumbsup: Dadgad

It would be helpfull to see the file, that had the "wrong" answer shown in post #5 it certainly looks like an addition format problem.

Nope, you can turn it off fielddisplay=0 and if you use mtext to create the field you can set a background color in mtext

Thanks. i want to apply a mask to all fields, and when its time to plot i want to remove masks. how can i filter in fields?

actually i play around with that thinking about the easiest way to unique the fields with a style,

i actually find that the MLeader style can be used, in the style definition just set the leader type to none, in the Content insert a field,

and set the Frame Text option on, when its time to plot you just need to uncheck it

still interested to get your thought and methods

Thanks

S

Nope, you can turn it off fielddisplay=0 and if you use mtext to create the field you can set a background color in mtext

Nicely answered Steven, and spot on. :beer:

I don't have the file referenced in post #5, but right again, which as students of history, we have all come to expect from you!

hi

i want my field to display its own Y value,

setting the same procedure >insert > field>object>select) wont let me to select itself

why?