Scaling

Hey guys, I am going to try and explain this as best as I can, hopefully it makes sense,

If I have a drawing made, and I want it to be scaled 1:500 on a 24:36 sheet of paper so that I can take a scale ruler after it is printed, and it be correct, how do I do this?

All of the lines on the cad drawing are correct.

Thanks! If I was unclear, I'll try and elaborate more.

Typically, you create a viewport in paper space. Give the viewport the scale you want. Lock it. Slap a title block on there and you're done.

Edit: oh wait, can you do that in LT?

My problem is when i click 1:100 for example, it zooms in way too far, I remember doing this in school and it wasn't too difficult.

Typically, you create a viewport in paper space. Give the viewport the scale you want. Lock it. Slap a title block on there and you're done.

Edit: oh wait, can you do that in LT?

Yes, you can.

My problem is when i click 1:100 for example, it zooms in way too far, I remember doing this in school and it wasn't too difficult.
Keep in mind what the scale ratio is telling you. 1:100 is saying one paperspace unit (either millimeters or inches) equals one hundred modelspace units. So, if your modelspace units are also millimeters, then one millimeter in the viewport will represent only 100 millimeters, and that would be zoomed in way too far if for instance your model happens to be a building that is 100 meters long.

Like above go to a layout draw a rectang 36x24 offset it say .75

MVIEW pick the two corners of the inner rectang

double click go inside viewport

z e your model space should fill sheet

I have the viewports tool bar displayed so pick 1:500 pan around carefully or do agian pick 1:500

Double click outside of outside rectang or do Pspace

Plot outside rectang at 1=1 using window and pick bot left, top right plot scale using a 36x24 sheet