Bim

Dipali

I just attended full day workshop on AEC solution from Autodesk last saturday.

it was nicely organised and gave us a clear overview of all software related to BIM.

it explained all new features of acad 2018, appstore, modeling in Revit, A360, rendering on cloud, acad recap and collaboration in naviswork etc....

it really inspired me to take my Revit learning seriously and also got me interested in learning Naviswork to get into to True BIM.

Well I got diverted with my workflow in office and lack of staff and could not attend Revit training in past few months but now from next week I will aggressively follow it up.

I have not seen any thread here related to NAVISWORK but i am not very regular here now a days so i may have skipped it.

Just this week I have met some big developer and have send him an proposal for my service today. if the contract goes ahead (fingers cross) i will have to start using most of it soon. good thing is i have already 2 licenses of building design suit 2015 (which i have not updated recently due to work/cash flow issue in past 2 years) which contains most of the software. and if this contract goes ahead i will be able to upgrade all my infrastructure within 2-3 months.:)

I use Navisworks daily. It's a great program. But, it's not for authoring, it's for viewing, visualizing, quantifying, coordinating and so forth. Navisworks may not be a program you put on the front burner as an architect, but certainly doesn't hurt to know it. But, Revit can perform many things that Navisworks can in regards to information handling and visualizing/coordinating so don't believe it's a must to adopt Navisworks right out of the chute.

I am well versed in Navisworks so if you eventually have any questions feel free to start a thread.

-TZ

if the contract with this developer goes ahead, my role in it to mainly integrating and analysing all consultant's drawing including architects and engineers.

this company is based in another big city and they have launched 2 very large scale projects in my town. they are mix use development including anything you can think of from shops, offices, restaurant, club, hotel, apartments etc. Their taste and scale of the project is very different and upmarket. They must have hired big consultant's but they need someone local with ability to do evaluation of detail drawings with design drawings and of services drawing with architectural detail drawings and other research and analytical work related to future and ongoing projects.. They are planning to hire someone on monthly retainer basis and I have made them an offer. With my vast experience with international project documentation for Australian and American builders/architects etc... and also on local projects since establishing my practice 10 years ago, I think I fit the profile they need.

I am still waiting for their response though on my offer. I will wait till Monday before following up.