trouble with AutocadLT file upload

joeatsea

It's interesting that Draftsight can open it but Autocad can't.

I agree with you Cad64 but i have no explanation for it. Oh did you try clicking on the x at the top of the window to see if it would disappear and then let you open the drawing?

When I do that the message goes away but the dwg closes with no chance to do anything but recover it upon opening it again. Recover does seem to fix it though.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joeatsea

• Cad64

• Dana W

• Organic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with you Cad64 but i have no idea why it worked in DraftSight (and i am using the free version) and not AutoCad. Oh by the way did you click on the X at the top of the pop-up window to see if it would disappear and let you work with the drawing?

Hi Dana W did not mean to leave you out but missed your post. Thank you for the information.

Edited by welldriller
Missed Danna W post

OK, I think this may work.

I opened the drawing in Autocad and it failed so I saved it, restored it, opened it and then saved it as a dxf file. It is attached. Please, let me know if it opens OK. Thanks again.

PCS SITE FINAL dxf.dxf

OK, I think this may work.

I opened the drawing in Autocad and it failed so I saved it, restored it, opened it and then saved it as a dxf file. It is attached. Please, let me know if it opens OK. Thanks again.

This file seems to be working. I was able to open it without any errors, but when I ran an Audit, 3 errors were found.

I took it a step further.

I ran OVERKILL on the drawing and AutoCAD reported back that 5 duplicate and 14 overlapping objects were removed.

Next I ran the _PURGE command (note the dash) with the Regapp option. AutoCAD reported back 14 Regapps deleted.

Then I repeated the command with the All option. AutoCAD deleted:

-1 zero length geometric object

6 empty text objects

34 blocks

15 layers

2 text styles

3 dimension styles

Finally I ran the AUDIT command just as Cad64 did and also found and fixed three errors.

Bottom line. The drawing was a mess. That doesn't happen all by itself; it takes some human interaction. Learn how to clean up your drawings on a regular basis and you will have less problems with them.

I agree with you Cad64 but i have no idea why it worked in DraftSight (and i am using the free version) and not AutoCad. Oh by the way did you click on the X at the top of the pop-up window to see if it would disappear and let you work with the drawing?

Hi Dana W did not mean to leave you out but missed your post. Thank you for the information.

No sweat. I may have missed the reason, why are you saving back to 2004 again, is the engineer just too busy (defined cheap) to update his software?

No sweat. I may have missed the reason, why are you saving back to 2004 again, is the engineer just too busy (defined cheap) to update his software?

Some people prefer to work with older versions and what they know.

I could happily work with any version from 2009 on and not notice many features (that I use) missing...