Export unsupported objects to sketchup?

hi

i need to export my dwg into sketchup, but all the unsupported object should be in sketchup so what are my options?

for example text, how can i turn it into a primitive geometry?

Thanks

S

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samifox

• ReMark

• f700es

• halam

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi

my local language fonts are not encoded properly,

the explode in the express tools vanish my text object.

is there any other trick to turn text into a polyline?

yaaa sometimes it vanishes sometimes its not .

its all about the styles

i remember how i plot it to plt, and than resave it as a dxf,

this action kills all objects

can be any more friendly way?

Not that I am familiar with. Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

The rare times I have used the Explode Text command and the text had gone off screen it only turned out to be a case of doing a zoom > extents to find it. I have never had text totally vanish for good.

So you want your text in the DWG file to come over to SU, right? Why, what are you trying to accomplish?

i have servy with lots of textual information i like to translate to a sketchup model

AutoCAD text does not do well in SU. If it was me it just re-do it in SU. SU is not meant for lots of annotations. That's why they made LayOut.

one way is to do the elevation in autocad but i cant handle 3d there, the other way is to plot to PLT and than convert to DXF. this way everithing is pure dot geometry. really not 2017 but that all the info i got :)

I am not following your work flow, sorry. Are you making a model or are you making construction plans (elevations and such) from a SU file? Walk me through what you are doing and wanting to do.

in sketchup im creating an architectural design where i translate all the survey and site plan's elevation data to 3D , and than i export cuts and elevation drawings to autocad. in this way all the model geometry is done with sketchup and all annotation made in autocad.

OK that makes sense but why do you want to take text from AC into SU? It sounded like you want to do drawing annotation in SU.