Hi i Need help creating Solid

wezzo18

What seems to be the problem? Why haven't you been successful?

It appears as though all it would take is to create the proper 2D profile then either use the EXTRUDE or PRESSPULL command to give it a height. What am I missing here?

You can just attach a copy of the drawing file (.dwg) to your next post. I'll take a look at it. But first....please answer my questions.

Extruded profile.JPG

The command I used...

Command: EXTRUDE

Current wire frame density: ISOLINES=4, Closed profiles creation mode = Solid

Select objects to extrude or [MOde]: _MO Closed profiles creation mode [sOlid/SUrface] : _SO

Select objects to extrude or [MOde]: 1 found

Select objects to extrude or [MOde]:

Specify height of extrusion or [Direction/Path/Taper angle/Expression]: 12.0

Note that MOde is set for creating a SOlid not a SUface.

Sorry...no. You would be better off learning HOW to do it yourself rather than using my example. It is not that difficult.

Why are you so reluctant to answer my questions? I wasn't born with this knowledge. Like you I had to learn it on my own and along the way I made numerous mistakes.

Please attach a copy of the drawing that you have to your next post and I'll try to discern where you may have gone wrong.

I looked at your drawing.

All you have to do is zoom into the profile enough so that when you execute the PRESSPULL command you'll be able to easily pick in the space between the lines. Once the profile is highlighted just type in the required height of 29 units and you are done. The resultant object will be a solid. It appears that you used the EXTRUDE command on a series of lines and arcs which will always result in a surface. One way around this would have been to join all the lines and arcs using the PEDIT command such that they form a single, continuous polyline object. Then you could have used the EXTRUDE command, picked the object and extruded it to the proper height with the end result being a solid. Understand?

Now, it is your turn. Pick either of the two methods. Have some faith in yourself. I know you can do this.

no i wasnt... i need there to be no space between the two

You CAN do it, just focus, and nobody better to show you the ropes than ReMark.

Please don't squander the opportunity by resisting. :|

no i wasnt... i need there to be no space between the two

I gave you two different methods for achieving this particular result (no space = a solid). If one did not work then try the other. There really is no good reason why either method would not work. I know because I tested both.

Note that the PRESSPULL command will work on any combination of lines, polylines, arcs and splines. Upon taking a closer look at your 2D profile I notice it is comprised of three polylines, two arcs and three lines for a total of eight objects.

Look at the image below. The three magenta colored objects are polylines. Anything that is white is either a line or an arc.

2D profile.jpg

Use the PEDIT command with the JOIN option to connect all eight objects into one continuous polyline then extrude it. The result should yield a solid.

How to use the PEDIT command...

Command: PEDIT

Select polyline or [Multiple]:

Enter an option [Close/Join/Width/Edit vertex/Fit/Spline/Decurve/Ltype gen/Reverse/Undo]: J

Select objects: 1 found

Select objects: 1 found, 2 total

Select objects: 1 found, 3 total

Select objects: 1 found, 4 total

Select objects: 1 found, 5 total

Select objects: 1 found, 6 total

Select objects: 1 found, 7 total

Select objects: 1 found, 8 total

Select objects:

8 segments added to polyline

Question: Did you know your profile does not have a uniform width throughout? Was that intentional?