Irregular mouse click behavior

jamos

Good day to all. I asume my problem is not a " new" one, but i cant find similar requests on the forum. My mouse, which worked just fine, started to behave irregular. When using a command, e.g. erase, and starting to select the first object to erase I never get to do it. I mean the first click does not select any objet. I have to click twice which is quite awkward. It is the same with align, move, ... I do not know if there is any clicking variable or similar to modify this. Sometimes it select the option with the first click and sometimes i have to slowly click it is second or third time. I thaught that i am drawing to fast, and that i release my button only after i have moved awag from the icon, but that is nit the case. It is simply a case of sometimes it doesnt react the first time and then i have to click again. This is very annoying.

Any advice on this?

Thanks

The mouse itself is an obvious culprit. Try a different one and see if you get the same behavior.

Check the PICKFIRST system variable. Sometimes variables switch on or off because of scripts, or as far as I can tell, for no reason at all.

Another thing to check is the size of your pickbox.

Hey Remark. Yes i have actually tried several mouses. Some work better than ather but relating to my problem, no difference. It is as if acad is happy if i makle selections/ clicks with some small period in between, maybe a second or so. Maybe i just go to fast. I noticed that any mouse, only act when you release the button, not when you press it, so i make sure to release the button on the icon and not after i have moved away. But stil sometime i have to click it a second or third time.

Today i actually swithced to my Caddie program out of frustration

Hey Remark. Yes i have actually tried several mouses. Some work better than ather but relating to my problem, no difference. It is as if acad is happy if i makle selections/ clicks with some small period in between, maybe a second or so. Maybe i just go to fast. I noticed that any mouse, only act when you release the button, not when you press it, so i make sure to release the button on the icon and not after i have moved away. But stil sometime i have to click it a second or third time.

Today i actually swithced to my Caddie program out of frustration

Take a look at your Selection Tab in OPTIONS.

Including Allow Press and Drag on Object.

Personally I like Implied Windowing, so I only need to click when defining the starting point of the crossing window.

Or might this have to do with the setting of Time Sensitive Right Click on your User Preferences tab?

Are you selecting with a crossing window?

check your Selection settings.JPG

possibly time sensitive right click issue.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

Take a look at your Selection Tab in OPTIONS.

Including Allow Press and Drag on Object.

Personally I like Implied Windowing, so I only need to click when defining the starting point of the crossing window.YES, I ALSO DO SELECTION LIKE YOU. SELECTING ON THE DRAWING SCREEN, I.E. FROM LEFT TO RIGHT (BLUE) OR FROM RIGHT TO LEFT ( GREEN) IS NOT AN ISSUE. MY PROBLEM IS WHEN I USE THE ICONS AT TOP, FOR INSTANCE, ROTATE, LINE, PLINE, OFFSET, ETC. IF I CLICK ON AN ICON AND MOVE AWAY TO PERFORM THE ACTION I NOTICE THE CLICK/ SELECTION DIDN'T HAPPEN, SO I HAVE TO DINIT AGAIN OR AGAIN. I HOPE I EXPLAINED IT SO THAT IT'S CLEAR

Or might this have to do with the setting of Time Sensitive Right Click on your User Preferences tab?NO, RIGHT CLICK IS NOT AN PROBLEM . I HAVE SET AT THE STD OF250 MILISECONDS AND THAT IS JUST FINE

Are you selecting with a crossing window?

Please don't SCREAM! Careful you're not dragging off the button when you click. As it's a graphics selection it could be a graphics card thing. When your mouse moves across the ribbon do the buttons highlight as you pass over them or is their a delay?

Hey Tombu, it really wasn't my intention to SREAM...... i only used capital letters because ive copied the text and was replying inline, to make my text standing apart from the rest. I apologize

I will check out that delay effect your talking about when moving across the ribon buttons, im not at my computer right now, but will give feedback on that.

I also thaught i was probably dragging off the buttons because I'm going too fast so thaen i started to concentrate on that, maybe sometimes it was due to that, but no, it is not the cause of my problem

I have recently updated my graphics card to the latest, nvidea gtx 960 m.

Not sure. My program worked fine after my last update, i do my updates manually. And this mouse behaviour only started recently

Not sure. My program worked fine after my last update, i do my updates manually. And this mouse behaviour only started recently

Wouldn't hurt to roll back an update or go to a previous restore point to check it out.

Do you have all of the AutoCAD updates?

This sounds like a problem to submit to Autodesk.

A coincidence tbat you mentioned this, it's exactly what i did today and it seems if the problem is gone. I haven't do much work since the restoring of the system but it didnt bother me after that. Maybe it was some bug or something that crept into my system, i don't know

Ill keel an eye on it.

Thanx for all of you for assisting me

Is your commandbar 'floating0/transparant' or is it docked?

When it is floating, both the mouse and spacebar can have strange behavior.

When the commandbar is docked all things usualy work fine again. :-)

This sounds very interesting. Mine is floating and i will definitely dock it and check this out. Will let you know by tomorrow afternoon. Thank you

• 2 weeks later...