Elevation Intersecting A Wall

billydavies21

Hi all!

Had a quick search but couldn't find my particular problem.

So I have to do a rear elevation of a property (again because of changes) but the owners have now decided to build a fence, separating the back of the property into two halves (one of which is divided into two halves again).

Here is the current rear elevation:

https://ibb.co/ehde8Q

And I've crudely illustrated the birds eye view below. The blue lines are what has been added. Red corresponds to the plan above:

https://ibb.co/hRALF5

So my question is; what should the rear elevation look like now? If the fence was just dividing the yard in two, I could maybe just put a cross section of it where it needs to go. But because they've added another fence at a 90 degree angle, that would obstruct the view of the building.

I'm not sure what the standard procedure is here and can't find an answer on here or by Googling...

Any help would be much appreciated!

One way is to move the section indicator inside the fence, assuming there is one. Another is to add a note, e.g. "fence not shown for clarity." It's the drafter way.

Another is to add a note, e.g. "fence not shown for clarity." It's the dafter way.

Definately not daft, I'd do it that way too. :lol: Professionally I come across a lot of details like that even sections running off at odd angles through a building just to get a better view (though I can well see how it confuses some people)

Perhaps you should draw both an "Elevation" of the building only, and then a "Street View" which would include the fence, but hide building details.

I am assuming that the fence does not run against the building.