3d Solid loses extrusion grip and height property after save / close down.

Cladding Connexions

Hi there,

Confusion reigns in the world of CAD once again :?.

I've created a 3d solid from an extruded 2D polyline, which, in the quick properties box has a height, and a grip on the solid itself to alter the height of the extrusion, however, I've saved the file last night, come back to it this morning and the grip and QP height have both disappeared.

Strangely, I had used the exact same solid within a rectangular array which, and left the array as was when saving last night. If I explode the array this morning into individual items the individual solids retain both the grip and the height property in the QP box (until i save and close ACAD back down again)???

Is this something that you just have to live with or is there a way of getting both the grip / height property back, or prevent it from being lost in the first place?

(ACAD 2017)

Can't say I've noticed the behavior. Would have to test to confirm.

Addendum.

Test complete. I opened a new drawing and drew a single line and a closed polyline profile of some random shape. I extruded the polyline. With Quick Properties enabled I first selected the line and then the extruded solid. Quick Properties was invoked, as expected, in each case. I saved the drawing and closed it. I then reopened the drawing. I selected the line and Quick Properties appeared onscreen. I then selected the solid. Once again Quick Properties appeared as well as the grip at the top of the solid to alter the height which I went about doing. I saved the drawing with the altered height then closed it. I reopened the drawing, clicked on the solid and QP came up once again along with the grip. Saved and closed the drawing.

At least for me the test results were just the opposite of what you experienced. At the moment I cannot account for what is happening with your drawing.

Edited by ReMark

Thanks for the feed back ReMark, much appreciated.

Although you're using ACAD 2017, can i ask what version you save your files in? For whatever reason my default was set to save back into 2004, however, when I've changed this to save in 2013 format, the grips and QP of "height" are retained when the file is saved / closed down and reopened.

Problem solved!

Thanks for your efforts in the first place.