ryankevin15

@BIGAL: I don't think that's what the OP is saying. The numbering in the MTEXT doesn't allow for Hex balloons as far as I know. He is looking to line up the balloons with a 1st paragraph line of text in the notes.

if all the notes are a single piece of MTEXT this would be exceedingly difficult to do. If each note starts with a new MTEXT object and are TOP-LEFT justified than it is more possible. You would have to extract the Alignment point of the text, then shift the point down and to the left to locate the balloon.

Are the balloons a Block? this would also make it easier if the insertion point is in the center or right side of the hex.

@BIGAL: I don't think that's what the OP is saying. The numbering in the MTEXT doesn't allow for Hex balloons as far as I know. He is looking to line up the balloons with a 1st paragraph line of text in the notes.

if all the notes are a single piece of MTEXT this would be exceedingly difficult to do. If each note starts with a new MTEXT object and are TOP-LEFT justified than it is more possible. You would have to extract the Alignment point of the text, then shift the point down and to the left to locate the balloon.

Are the balloons a Block? this would also make it easier if the insertion point is in the center or right side of the hex.

It would most definitely be difficult to do. No Bigal, that is not what I mean. This command would be revolutionary to CAD. As a designer it is so common to have to delete a note that is one line long and add a note that is four lines long. A quick command that could do something like that and offset them by the same amount would be invaluable as far as time saved in drafting. Like I said, you probably spend an hour total on a project just making stuff line up and sometimes in rare cases it goes unchecked and looks off. I realize I may be asking for the impossible. Who knows. I know there are some programming geniuses out there.

Downloaded a true type font and set up a column of numbers only you may have to set the font size slightly different, I downloaded one and had some success. You can not mix and match fonts in mtext a bit of a problem.

Take back what I said used word and did a test copy and pasted to mtext.

My take on the problem would be copy all mtext paste into Word edit re-copy and re-paste new, all done 1 Minute ? The obvious is to have the bullet number change automatically but this is not possible with the font I used, would need to look further into the mtext hidden coding.

Re Re my take once I copied from Word I could make changes to the bubble numbers using simple copy and paste a existing number.

ScreenShot005.jpg

Edited by BIGAL