My GA plan doesn't fit onto page

maxi2014

Hello, I have 6 storey buiding, each storey has a GA plan scaled 1:50@A1, but one of them doesnt fit on the page as it has Mews at the back, can I separate it or how would I go on about it? If I would change the scale the others would look lost on the page, could I have a different scale on this plan to others? Thank you

Hello, I have project where all GAs are 1:50@A1, but one has Mews at the back so its too big for the page, can I split it? If I change the scale on all of them the others would look too small on the page, or can I have one GA on different scale? Thank you

Keep the scales the same on each page. Show the Mews (whatever that is) on another sheet, use matchlines on each page so it is obvious how they go together.

Everywhere I have worked we used a wide phantom line type with MATCHLINE A11, and on the other sheet MATCHLINE A10. The matchline should be the full width of the view. Don't show parts of the other sheet in the views, should be as if you cut through the building and moved them apart. Others here may do things differently as there isn't an industry standard written down and agreed to anywhere.

Are the mews physically attached to your bigger block or detached?

If they're detached, then I'd do a separate set of drawings for them, with a site/block plan @ 1:200 or 1:500 showing how they relate to each other.

If they're attached, either use a break line as described above, or jump up a sheet size to A0.

dJE

Do I just write Match line 11 to one and Match line 10 to the other plan? Sorry this might be quite obvious

I believe rkent is giving you an example. A match line (or break line, they're synonymous) shows where one sheet ends and another begins. For instance, if an architectural plan is named A10 and shows the house, and A11 shows the mews, the match line on A10 would be labeled "Match Line A11" so you'd know where to look for the adjacent area. Similarly, the match line on A11 would refer to A10.

It's a good idea to put the match line itself in model space, so it carries over properly. Put it on its own layer so you can turn it on or off as needed. If you have a lot of plans, consider creating it as off by default. I like to give the match line a bit of width to make it stand out.