Combating eye strain

neondeon298

Anybody else have eye issues past the normal blue light eye strain? I've never had glasses but I seem to be getting closer and closer to needing them. But after working long enough throughout the day the double vision starts to get nuts.

Anybody seen a good discussion of this problem for draftsman? Did you see an optometrist? What did they say?

I've tried out using yellow safety glasses and it helps get me through the last few hours of the day but not well.

Look forward to yall's input!

I purposely removed the bulbs from the light fixture adjacent to my work area (welcome to the dark side) and keep my model space background the default black color. Other than the fact I am blind in one eye to begin with I have no real problems. Yes, I do wear glasses. Mine are for reading purposes and staring into my screen. Don't need them for driving.

The best advice I know for any computer user is to take regular breaks, every 15 minutes or so. Lean back, close your eyes for a moment, look around your environment. The main thing seems to be interrupting the focus on one place at one distance. You have to keep the eye muscles flexible. FWIW, I'm not an optometrist.

I have gone from the occasional use of glasses to permanently needing them. It would be nice to blame the computer screen because I started to use glasses at the same time that I made the change to office employment. But I had noticed problems before that, reading small print, I can only put the blame on one thing (age) I have used computers almost daily for the best part of 40 years but it's only the last 10 that I use a computer for work and have had to wear glasses. As for resting my eyes every 15 minutes from the screen (read that as 15 minutes a day). The first thing I do when I wake up is turn on the computer, and it goes off again as I step into bed. The drive to work and back has me suffering withdrawal symptoms (that's the 15 minutes). The only time I take my eyes of the screen at work is to go and get another cup of coffee. Probably every hour or so. I can honestly say that other than the glasses I have never had any eye fatigue problems or RSI. And I'm still convinced that in the old days print was bigger.

You don't say how old you are but waning eyesight is an age thing.

An easy to remember rule to prevent eye strain is to look away at least 20 feet for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.

I definitely have eye strain problems

In the evening i find it easy to focus on my phone or book but watching TV is slightly uncomfortable as it staining to focus. Reading the bus number is also hard.

I had perfect vision and i am still young. But i think my obsession with my mobile and a long day at work in front of a screen is taking a toll. I am also taking medication that could effect me focus.

Things that i think have helped:

• Reduce brightness of screen to darkest whilst still comfortable to read.
  • Sit near window or go get looks at far away object throughout the day.
  • Meditation and closing my eyes for 10 min period after lunch
  • Adequate lighting and reducing glare
  • Blue light filters

Things that did not work:

• Eye drops
  • Dark environment (made it worse for me sorry ReMark)

Overall i cannot complain because my vision is still above average. But it is scary how fragile it is and the Cost of losing it are immerse.

Also everyone get you eyes checked at least once every 2 years

reading small print

Does the frozen food company think thats its funny that you can not read the instructions because they are that small maybe 1mm high text.

Take a ride a night. If headlights and other lights have a halo or McDonald's arches to them then think about glaucoma.

Take a ride a night. If headlights and other lights have a halo or McDonald's arches to them then think about glaucoma.

I had exact symptoms you describe and went for a test imminently. Luckily I was just experiencing eye strain and little bit short sightedness.

(warning not i am not a doctor)

If you start experiencing this get tested imminently it properly is nothing but glaucoma is a leading cause of irreversible blindness and the test is quick and painless so just get it. You maybe able to get treatment and greatly reduce loss of sight.

(warning not i am not a doctor)