Upadate all blocks from an central drawing

Butch

Hello people!

Need little help.

I have crated an drawing (CENTRAL) in wich I have all of my blocks that have atributes

I draged and droped these blocks to toolpallet so that I can insert them easily into my drawings.

The problem now is that I must change some of the attributes of my block.

I will do this in my central drawing (CENTRAL).

BUT how to update all the blocks now that are inserted in all working drawings?

Is there any conncetion with the central drawing or not?

Thank you.

Here's a trick I've used in the past.

Rather than inserting the blocks into your drawing(s) which will be very time coming. Think about working in reverse. Open your CENTRAL drawing which contains all of you updated blocks. Now insert the drawing to be updated into CENTRAL and the blocks in the drawing will be updated. Now WBLOCK the updated drawing objects back out to the original name and you're good to go.

You'll want to experiment a little to make certain thing go smoothly, You'll want to periodically purge your CENTRAL drawing, and you may want to insert each drawing as exploded (might avoid the need to purge) so when you wblock out the drawing isn't confused with an internally named duplicated block name.