Motion Path Animations.

SMP

hey all, It's been a good long while since i stopped in here.

I am using Civil3D 2016 and i am trying to make a motion path animation and so far i have been successful in creating a path, and getting a camera to move along it in the preview of the motion path animation, however...

nothing is being displayed or played back. :(

I just want to have a path animation of a surface i have in the dwg. the surface is there, i have triangles on and to start i have chosen realistic for any option that requires a visual style.

This is my first kick at the can at something like this so any good help would be appreciated.

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers.

When you say "nothing is being displayed or played back," do you mean there is no video at all? When you give the command to animate, does it work for a while with no apparent result, or does it stop immediately?

I can think of two possible issues. One, your video was generated, but you don't know where it is. There's a setting somewhere to specify the folder to put it. Two, the video was generated, but it's blank. That's probably because you need a light source, or at least one in the proper location at the proper strength. Without light, your camera is flying blind (pun intended). For a large civil surface, you'll probably want a sun instead of a lamp.