dynamic block with attribue

pintseta

hi,

i've build myself a dynamic block with attribute, i want the attribute to change based on a formula that calculates a certain height (which i'm inserting on invisible attribute on the same block) divided by a dynamic distance of a polyline.

inside the block editor i can see that the calculation is correct, but outside the block editor the attribute only shows ####. i can't find what i'm doing wrong, i'll appreciate your help :)

drain.dwg

The second part of your formula is using the polyline length, but that formula will read the value from the block definition and not from your actual placed dynamic block, DELETE that field and replace it with a field from the block placeholder section and choose "Distance1" from the list. Then insert a new block, you will need to regen after stretching the block, but it should then work.

thank you steven, I've already tried that, it's not working as well (it was my first try and when it didn't work i try to use the length).

drain.dwg

when i'm looking at the attribute i get an error message

drain.jpg

i still don't know why it is not working.

Sometimes, you just have keep trying different things. In the end all I did was delete and replace that last field in your formula, editing it for some reason didn't work, it had to be replaced. Normally Attsync will fix problems after editing a block, but for some reason in this case that failed as well, inserting a new instance of the block did work.

Just remember for next time that fields are odd in dynamic blocks and can be very difficult/impossible to get working.