+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Forum Deity
    Using
    AutoCAD 2002

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Once you have drawn all the lines using the information given, then to align the whole plot to North, I suggest that you observe the sun to give you guidance.

Because of the inconsistency and the unusual presentation of the mathematical information, it suggests to me that a surveyor did not draw up the map.

Computer Details
    welldriller's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 10 Home
    Computer:
    Dell inspiration 3650
    CPU:
    x64 processor
    RAM:
    8 GB
    Monitor:
    Dell P190SB#4
    Using
    Solidworks 2017

Apparently DeadpoolsUnicorn has left the sight or at least he did not have anything to say about the drawing i did for him. He/She has not replied to any of the rest that are trying to help either. Most of the people on here that are trying to help others are do so on their own time as well as working You deserve a reply of some kind or at least i think you do.

Forum Deity
    Using
    AutoCAD 2002

Perhaps you are being a bit harsh on the OP, and in a new forum, the first post is never easy to perceive exactly what is required.

Perhaps the first clarification is what does the OP need. Is it a 'near enough' set if lines, or is it a precise drawing?

For the first, then the first response by ReMark is all that is necessary.

For the second, then there is an awful lot of explanation from fundamentals, which may prove to be fruitless.

We need interaction with the OP.

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 10 Home
    Computer:
    Dell inspiration 3650
    CPU:
    x64 processor
    RAM:
    8 GB
    Monitor:
    Dell P190SB#4
    Using
    Solidworks 2017

Quote Originally Posted by eldon View Post
    Perhaps you are being a bit harsh on the OP, and in a new forum, the first post is never easy to perceive exactly what is required.

Perhaps the first clarification is what does the OP need. Is it a 'near enough' set if lines, or is it a precise drawing?

For the first, then the first response by ReMark is all that is necessary.

For the second, then there is an awful lot of explanation from fundamentals, which may prove to be fruitless.

We need interaction with the OP.
    eldon I respect your opinion and thank you for your post, but i took the time to post a drawing that the OP can download and add anything he/she wants to, to the drawing. He/she wanted to be able to show where the water line came into the building and probably the power line from the back of the building. I tried to give him that ability. It is not for a pat on the back i am looking for but you, ReMark and all the other wonderful people that supply help deserve an answer from the person you are trying to help.

Forum Deity
    Using
    AutoCAD 2002

welldriller, I was in no way denigrating your efforts to help the OP. I was suggesting that it is not much use castigating the OP for non reaction. That is the way to scare folk from this forum.

Anyway I too drew out the site to my best ability and also post my drawing. I also post a comparison of both our drawings where I overlaid the two by matching the building outline.
    Attached Images
    Attached Files

Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Windows 10 Home
    Computer:
    Dell inspiration 3650
    CPU:
    x64 processor
    RAM:
    8 GB
    Monitor:
    Dell P190SB#4
    Using
    Solidworks 2017

Quote Originally Posted by eldon View Post
    welldriller, I was in no way denigrating your efforts to help the OP. I was suggesting that it is not much use castigating the OP for non reaction. That is the way to scare folk from this forum.

Anyway I too drew out the site to my best ability and also post my drawing. I also post a comparison of both our drawings where I overlaid the two by matching the building outline.

eldon Please forgive me for taking so long to reply but i have been away to see my son and his wife in Georgia. Thank you for posting the overlay, i am surprised that i could come close to your drawing. My apologizes to you and all the other great CADTutor members.

Forum Deity
    Using
    AutoCAD 2002

Thank you for your assurances. We are all here to try and help, and the OP now has two drawings to work with. It was a bit tricky aligning the building within the property lines.

But until the OP responds that they still want to make their own drawing, I will save the explanations till later.

Computer Details
    jagwinn's Computer Details
    Operating System:
    Win7PRO with Compatability Wizard immulating Win2000
    Computer:
    Gateway M7 Laptop
    CPU:
    Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2050 @ 1.60GHz
    RAM:
    2.00 GB
    Primary Storage:
    111 GB HDD
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    jagwinn's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Machine mechanic; wet chemical (soap and shampoo; aerosol)
    Discipline
    Mechanical
    Details
    Industrial Machine Repairman Packaging Machine Repairman
    Using
    AutoCAD 2000

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

It may be that the original poster placed his/request on several CAD sites and failed to keep track of them. Anyway, helping someone out without acknowledgement gives one the pleasure of a blessing in that you have helped a neighbor in this current selfish culture without expectation of reward! Excellent to all on this forum who love to help others regardless of the response.