Site Survey - Not sure where to start

DeadpoolsUnicorn

First post, total CAD noobie. Just bought a house, want to get the site survey put into CAD so I can track other things like sprinkler lines, underground electrical, etc.

I can't make sense of where to start here. My old place was easy, as it was all square with no odd angles. This place is a pie shaped lot and I can't understand the surveyors plan, or how they came to the angles I see.

See the attached plan. Any advice on where to start?

RPR.jpg

The distances are meters, right?

I'd suggest bringing the image into AutoCAD using the IMAGEATTACH command then trace over it. Scale the drawing using one of the property lines as a reference.

I would start at the with the circle at the narrow end, follow with the two lines (with bearing indicated) projecting up.

Here's a quick trace over. Not too precise as you can see by the dimensions. Siri was a great help in converting meters to feet.

Maybe you can get it closer for your needs.

CadTutor.dwg

DeadPoolsUnicorn

If you get it figured out please post so. Reason -- i am working on it and i think that i may be able to help you.

The information presented does not seem to follow any systematic convention. So this is what I arrived at. But it could equally be rotated by 180 degrees.

SiteSurvey.PNG

sight survey.dwg

I hope this worked. :(

OK it worked. Now a little information

It is drawn in .DWG format so that you can download it and work on it with AutoCad.

Forgot to tag/label the utility line at the rear of the property.

All of the dimensions are correct -- (some of distances between objeccts are not) -- but you can correct that if you need to.

If you print out a hard copy you will want to change the color in the text layer of the layer manager (yellow is almost impossible to read on paper)

Edited by welldriller
To add information

Once you have drawn all the lines using the information given, then to align the whole plot to North, I suggest that you observe the sun to give you guidance.

Because of the inconsistency and the unusual presentation of the mathematical information, it suggests to me that a surveyor did not draw up the map.

Apparently DeadpoolsUnicorn has left the sight or at least he did not have anything to say about the drawing i did for him. He/She has not replied to any of the rest that are trying to help either. Most of the people on here that are trying to help others are do so on their own time as well as working You deserve a reply of some kind or at least i think you do.

Perhaps you are being a bit harsh on the OP, and in a new forum, the first post is never easy to perceive exactly what is required.

Perhaps the first clarification is what does the OP need. Is it a 'near enough' set if lines, or is it a precise drawing?

For the first, then the first response by ReMark is all that is necessary.

For the second, then there is an awful lot of explanation from fundamentals, which may prove to be fruitless.

We need interaction with the OP.

Perhaps you are being a bit harsh on the OP, and in a new forum, the first post is never easy to perceive exactly what is required.

Perhaps the first clarification is what does the OP need. Is it a 'near enough' set if lines, or is it a precise drawing?

For the first, then the first response by ReMark is all that is necessary.

For the second, then there is an awful lot of explanation from fundamentals, which may prove to be fruitless.

We need interaction with the OP.

eldon I respect your opinion and thank you for your post, but i took the time to post a drawing that the OP can download and add anything he/she wants to, to the drawing. He/she wanted to be able to show where the water line came into the building and probably the power line from the back of the building. I tried to give him that ability. It is not for a pat on the back i am looking for but you, ReMark and all the other wonderful people that supply help deserve an answer from the person you are trying to help.

welldriller, I was in no way denigrating your efforts to help the OP. I was suggesting that it is not much use castigating the OP for non reaction. That is the way to scare folk from this forum.

Anyway I too drew out the site to my best ability and also post my drawing. I also post a comparison of both our drawings where I overlaid the two by matching the building outline.

Comparison.jpg

Site-2.dwg

welldriller, I was in no way denigrating your efforts to help the OP. I was suggesting that it is not much use castigating the OP for non reaction. That is the way to scare folk from this forum.

Anyway I too drew out the site to my best ability and also post my drawing. I also post a comparison of both our drawings where I overlaid the two by matching the building outline.

eldon Please forgive me for taking so long to reply but i have been away to see my son and his wife in Georgia. Thank you for posting the overlay, i am surprised that i could come close to your drawing. My apologizes to you and all the other great CADTutor members.

Thank you for your assurances. We are all here to try and help, and the OP now has two drawings to work with. It was a bit tricky aligning the building within the property lines.

But until the OP responds that they still want to make their own drawing, I will save the explanations till later.

• 2 weeks later...

It may be that the original poster placed his/request on several CAD sites and failed to keep track of them. Anyway, helping someone out without acknowledgement gives one the pleasure of a blessing in that you have helped a neighbor in this current selfish culture without expectation of reward! Excellent to all on this forum who love to help others regardless of the response.