hide in Model - show in Paper

mitsos

Hello,

Can anyone tell me please if this can be done?

Ideally I would like to freeze or at least off-state a layer in Modelspace but keep it unfrozen or on in paperspace

Thanks Dimitris

Welcome to the CADTutor forum!

As far as I know, you can override layer states in a viewport, but you can't do it the other way around. I suppose you could write a script to overwrite the PSPACE and MSPACE commands and change layer states.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me please if this can be done?

Ideally I would like to freeze or at least off-state a layer in Modelspace but keep it unfrozen or on in paperspace

Thanks Dimitris

For what purpose? What do you want to show up in paper space that should not also be shown in model space?

Whatever it is draw it in paperspace and leave it out of modelspace. Of course if it's bigger than your paper then you will need to draw to scale. Make sure you have your scaled ruler with you and your all set.

Draw it full size, in modelspace. Set it up in a scaled viewport in paperspace. Activate the viewport. Select your object(s). CHSPACE. That command moves objects from model to paperspace and vise' versa. It does not copy. There will be no image left behind in the other space. The objects are automatically scaled to fit the destination space.

If the object is very complicated, it can take a minute or so, and can fail due to limited computer resources.