Setting the Base Angle in DraftSight

Stanier

Hi - Using Draftsight in place of AC2000 I am having problems in re-defining the base angle for the purpose of dividing a circle from zero (i.e. 3 O'Clock position) to one of 45 degrees. In AC2000 I do this by selecting Snap/Settings/Angle and change the value from 0 to 45 which has the desired effect. Using DraftSight and selecting Drawing Settings/Unit System/Base Angle and changing the value from O to 45 which I would have thought would be the equivalent action does not have the same effect. Where am I going wrong?

Strange but the method you describe seems to work for me. Did you click on the Apply button after making your change?

Well let me do a second test. How about a base angle of 117.356?

OK...test done. That worked too. To check I draw a line and specify @6

BTW...I can double check what angle the line is drawn at if the base angle is reset to its default of 0. Turns out the angle is 117.356 degrees.

I wish to be able to simulate the drilling of 4 holes represented in the drawing by Points on a pcd starting with the base angle set to 45 degrees i.e the first Point or 'hole' to be at the NE position. My test so far has been to draw a circle of any diameter, select DIV/4 and expect to see the resulting points in the 45/135/225/315 locations whereas despsite reseting the base ange to 45 the four points are being drawn at 0/9/180/270. - Hope this helps.

Yes perhaps - but then why should the re-setting of the base angle approach work using AC200 and not in Draftsight?