Hi,

I want to have a revision cloud that fits within the original rectangular object boundary. Example: a rectangle 3000x900 with a Revcloud of arc min and max 200 and 300 will normally have the curves outside the limit of the rectangle. Is there a way to make the whole revision cloud fit within the rectangle 3000x900?

Thanks.

Yes one way of doing it is by offset. For example I have done a revcloud with arc legth = 300 which is actually chord length. I latter measure the height of the arc and found it to be 80. Working back, I was able to fit the revcloud in the rectangle by offsetting it inward at 80. How do we get the height of the arc at 80, diameter at 365 and angle of arc 110 degree. But is there a better way of doing it?

This is the only way I know to get a reasonable looking rev. cloud as long as you need to have arcs of a specific size. It took me about 5 minutes to make one, something I won't be repeating.

You could use ARRAYPATH around a rectangle using one POLYLINE arc drawn to a specific set of properties. Warning!! Math required. Each length of each side of the rectangle will have to be a multiple of the cord length. Then you will have to manipulate the resulting array to get the spacing exact. THEN you will have to explode the array because, for some reason, the last arc at a corner will not turn the corner. It should be the first arc on the next side but it won't go. Then you have to rotate the four errant arcs. At this point you can JOIN all the arcs or not.

That's the thing about autoCad, there's always a way to consume a lot of time if you want to bad enough.;)

Did you pay that much attention to detail when you had to draw a revcloud manually?
Personally, I have never cared, just exercising here. When I need a revcloud, I don't even bother to choose the automatic neatness of the rectangular option. As long as the whoopteedoos are big enough to be seen, I am happy.

• 4 months later...

I see lots of people asking for lisp for Rev cloud, creating or modifying, but rare they ask for deleting them.

I wanna ask is there a fast way to erase all Rev cloud in a drawing?

All property of the clouds are vary, layers, sizes, arc length, model space paper space..

I wondering why the Filter command is not up to this task, am I the only one who always deal with the clouds seas?

123.jpg

The filters don't work because a revcloud is simply a polyline made up of arcs. They need a completely unique characteristic before QSELECT or SELECTSIMILAR will work without sucking up all the other polylines.

*If* one cared enough, this could probably be set up as a dynamic block - have a vertical and horizontal linear doodad, each of which is tied to a pair of arrays of an arch...

dJE

This is the only way I know to get a reasonable looking rev. cloud as long as you need to have arcs of a specific size. It took me about 5 minutes to make one, something I won't be repeating.

You could use ARRAYPATH around a rectangle using one POLYLINE arc drawn to a specific set of properties. Warning!! Math required. Each length of each side of the rectangle will have to be a multiple of the cord length. Then you will have to manipulate the resulting array to get the spacing exact. THEN you will have to explode the array because, for some reason, the last arc at a corner will not turn the corner. It should be the first arc on the next side but it won't go. Then you have to rotate the four errant arcs. At this point you can JOIN all the arcs or not.

That's the thing about autoCad, there's always a way to consume a lot of time if you want to bad enough.;)

We have a line type that is basicly a Revcloud just little arcs, delete yep find pline - line with linetype.

*TREE,UUUUUUUUUUUU
A,.001,[TREE,Custom.shx,s=1,y=-1],-4

*137,4,TREE
10,2,-044,0

That sound useful. I'm guess from the name that it was created for tree canopies and vegetation - which would probably be even more useful than as a rev-cloud!!

dJE

We have a line type that is basicly a Revcloud just little arcs, delete yep find pline - line with linetype.

*If* one cared enough, this could probably be set up as a dynamic block - have a vertical and horizontal linear doodad, each of which is tied to a pair of arrays of an arch...

dJE

Yup. that's the next logical step, but I didn't take it that far when I saw how much arraypath simply hates sharp corners. I have enough trouble using a single row plain flat array in a dynamic block.:roll: my CADNERD level = amature.