Block Present In Drawing But Invisible

"Mitch"

Using AutoCAD 2015

I received a drawing file that has a block and doesn’t show. The layer name of the block is thawed. I quick-select the layer name to check its presence in the drawing, the grip of the block appears, but the primary vector lines of the block itself are invisible. I supposed that the vector lines inside the block are frozen if different layer names were applied to those lines, but my layer manager shows all layers thawed. I invoked the block editor, searched the block name and launched the block session. Sure enough, the primary lines are there showing the drawn item, having the same name as the block layer name. I exited the block session without saving and wondering why the primary vector lines of the block are invisible. It’s only a block, it’s not an x-ref. How could this be?

There could be a number of reasons, is the block not visible in a layout viewport? in which case it could just be frozen in the viewport (there is a different column in the layer properties manager for this), is the color set to something similar to the background color, has the block been altered and the attsync command not used (though this usually only applies to attributes). Is the scale of the drawing or block way off (too large or too small?), and possibly a dozen other reasons. Could you post a copy of the drawing someone could then look for clues in the drawing.

All details given referred to model space only, nothing to do with paper space. All layers of the block elements, including the block itself are the same name and set to ByLayer. I found what the problem is. The grip of the block (being the insertion point when the block was created) was a significant distance away, about 9 to 12 inches, from the vector line assembly of the block. And the assembled lines were hidden among other construction lines of the drawing, giving the illusion of a block not showing. To put it short, bad drafting...