3D Section Plan

couves

I need some help from somebody if possible. I can't do a section plane on my drawing. I want to do cut my drawing in half but it says inconsistence edge face relationship. and doesnt do nothing. the file was a bit big to put it on the site so ill send a link to donwload. the file is only 3.5 mb. https://ufile.io/f07vq

I'd like to help but our antivirus program alerts to malicious URL's when I click on your link. Please upload the drawing to a file sharing website like Dropbox and post a link to it here. Until then I won't even attempt to download the file.

I would do this in paperspace using viewbase then view section commands, see attached s.s.

Once you have placed your views using viewbase, select the required view then draw a line through the view you wish to section.

Then use the viewsection command to select that view and draw over the line, then right click and enter and place you sectioned view.

You can then edit the hidden lines etc.

ss.jpg

When I get home tonight i will give it a try. Then i will give you some feedback. thanks a lot. thats what i needed. Cutting it in 3d doesnt work. i dont know if you tried it.

I think its because of the threads i made but im not sure. Thanks Gazza_au. Tonight I will say something to see if I managed to do it.

Good Morning. Thanks for the help gazza it worked in layout. I managed to do it like you said. 1 question is there any way to do a section cut but intead of it being in 2D, make a cut in 3D?

Use VIEWPROJ on your already sectioned view, move all the other views you don't need off the screen, I do this alot in Inventor.

Gazza i will then give it a try. Its a new thing i have learnt.

ReMark sectionplane isnt working on my 3d model. I dont know why. can you give it a try with the link of dropbox i have put the other day?

When i try do do a sectionplane, it says this inconsistence edge face relationship and doesnt do nothing. Can you give it a try???

Thanks to both