Non-Orthogonal WC and Bathroom

nicolas

You can search Google images for corner toilets. There are some pretty cool designs.

Good idea. Is that where the phrase "backed into a corner" came from? :lol:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• nicolas

• Dana W

• Dadgad

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Another thing, in a colder climate, avoid plumbing in an exterior wall..." [/i]Note that the OP is located in Mauritius which is situated in the Indian ocean with a mean temperature in the "colder" months of June thru September of 20.4 °C (68.7 °F). I don't think freezing will be a problem.

That was for people in Connecticut who don't know any better. :P

You can search Google images for corner toilets. There are some pretty cool designs.

I have a cornered toilet orientation in our 4'x4' guest half bath, albeit a regular American Standard toilet, it really makes the small footprint feel much more spacious. I also have cropped corners on two of our showers, for the same reason, the showers are large, 4' x4', and the cropped corners are the entry points and have shower curtains. Doing that really helped give me additional layout options, and I am very happy with the decisions I made.

Edited by Dadgad

I have a cornered toilet orientation in our 4'x4' guest half bath, albeit a regular American Standard toilet, it really makes the small footprint feel much more spacious. I also have cropped corners on two of our showers, for the same reason, the showers are large, 4' x4', and the cropped corners are the entry points and have shower curtains. Doing that really helped give me additional layout options, and I am very happy with the decisions I made.
Put armrests and insulated cup holders on each side wall of that corner toilet and you have me sold. Wait, maybe add some grab handles too. I am getting up there in years.