new material

bjenk8100

Hello,

I am using the 30 day free trial for Revit 2018. I am familiar with Revit but not an expert. I seem to be having a problem with materials and colors of selected objects. I found that a quick way to add a color to an object is to make a new material, choose your colors and then use paint tool which pops up material list to choose from. I choose the new material I made and then choose face of wall or anything for that matter. It just does not work. I changed to realistic view and all the coarse, medium and fine options. Everyone on youtube have no problem. I tried to attach file but its 8303 KB which is too big. Any insight would help. This is nuts that I cannot add a color to something.

Thanks,

Brian

Zero need to use Materials for color only. As follows:

For single element:

Select object > Element Override > Surface Patterns > Choose Color > Select "Solid Fill" for Pattern.

Or for entire category:

V/G > Walls > Project/Surface > Patterns > Choose Color > Select "Solid Fill" for Pattern.

For "cuttable" Families, do the same above steps for the Cut Patterns.

-TZ