2018 express tools

SRN

having just been forced to update to 2018 i had to perform an update to install the express tools because my systems administrator did the instal in my absence. However although the update appears to have succeeded I can't frin any of the express tools in a toolbar, on the ribbon or by teyping express tools in the command line. Where can i access them?

2018 Electrical was up and running but had to be closed to do the install. I used the windows modify/uninstall application from the control panel to access the setup functions of AutoCAD 2018 and I got to install several of the PLC maufacters my systems administrator over looked plus some of the IEEE spectification and finally go to the screen where express tools had not been selected to be installed. I checked the box to select it and installed it with the other extras I had selected and assumed they would respond either by showing up on the ribbon or at least to either "express tools" or "express menu" at the command line but nothing I have tried has worked to make them show up.

my systems administrator filled in the admin password remotely

is there a better way to update than using the windows control panel tool?

The one or two times I installed ET after the fact I merely popped in the Installation disk and proceeded from there. I did not go through the Control Panel.

just upgraded to 2018 Electrical and installed the express tools I just can't find them.
Knowing that, I would not have become involved.

just tried reinstalling them but this time the stuff i installed last time and the express tools appeared to be installed they were checked and some were greyed out as well as being checked. tried the update anyway but still no sign of express tools or more than 3 manufactures of PLCs which are supposed to be installed.

What am I misssing?

problem was there was no path to the Acetmain.cuix file. Once that was added to the support path express tools shows up. Thanks to the CADTrainer Guy Michael.

• 3 weeks later...

Found from the Autodesk support eam that the PLC problem was the same as express tools they were installed to a directory totally different from where it was looking (on a different drive.) Once ACE_plc.mdb had the correct path they all showed up.