How to make 2 surfaces with this data?

nasoox

Imagine that this image is a simple room, red line conect points for floor (KpXX), black line for top of the room (KkXX) and blue is walls(XX).

Non of the points have same elevation.

How to make surface at elevation from points for floor or top and with surface border from points for wall, but that surface does not connect with wall points, those points are just border of that surface.

Surface is not horizontal, it elevates with defined points like DTM.

Now when you have those surfaces, how to conect them and make 3D solid or Surface with vertical walls.

Thank you.Capture111.PNG

Just make the (blue) border a closed polyline, extrapolate the height you need (red line minus black line) and EXTRUDE (

Yeah, only if that was that easy, that "object" have different elevation of all points and bottom and top need to follow that. blue line only defines horizontal area and shape of that bumpy surface. First I need to make surface from points with black line (line just connects points for triangulation) and that surface will go till it reach blue line and then stop, then the same thing with red line, now i would get 2 surfaces, one on top of the other, of same horizontal shape but not same in vertical, il connect them and make solid from that. Extrude does not work good at all with this.

They way i would do it without civil 3d is create triangles to create the 2 surfaces (manually or by some command that creates a mesh of some sort). Then use EXTRUDE on those triangles with a vertical direction (you can set the directen when extruding, see command bar).

Use the upper surface to create an oversize extrusian and use the lower surface to cut the upper solid at the right height.

It might be easier in some other way, but in this case it would be some 10 minute work to do it manually.

They way i would do it without civil 3d is create triangles to create the 2 surfaces (manually or by some command that creates a mesh of some sort). Then use EXTRUDE on those triangles with a vertical direction (you can set the directen when extruding, see command bar).

Use the upper surface to create an oversize extrusian and use the lower surface to cut the upper solid at the right height.

It might be easier in some other way, but in this case it would be some 10 minute work to do it manually.

If the OP can provide you with the necessary elevations can you demonstrate this for us? A finished drawing of the object in question with the steps you took to arrive at a solution would be helpful so the OP can attempt to repeat the process on his own and learn by doing. Thanks.

it's probably still decoding this thing on the autodesk server or something.... Autodesk screencast :x.

Preparing Screencast...

Our servers are processing your recording right now. Your Screencast should be ready in a few minutes.

Thanks again for using our service to share your knowledge.

Aaaand it's up :).

it's probably still decoding this thing on the autodesk server or something.... Autodesk screencast :x.

Aaaand it's up :).

I doubt the OP will be able to follow what you did. What vertical product was used?

Just Autocad 2017. And the screencast show exacly what i did. Perhaps we should wait to see if the OP has any questions after this.

But i smell a hint of "How the hell did he do that, i want to know but i don't want to ask" in your voice :P

i do know that the given information in the OP is not enough to create an acurate solid. The red line is only 2 points, you would need at least 3 to create a 'surface'-like surface.

Edited by OMEGA-ThundeR

Like Omega-Thunder maybe a guess pick 3 points make a pline, copy that pline down to zero elev removing the z elevation of each point, extrude the original pline up wards height is a dummy, extrude the bottom flat pline past the highest z, use subtract and this will make a solid with vertical sides and a sloping top join all the other extruded triangles this makes the blue shape. Take red line and create a planar solid subtract form blue solid starting to get there.

Without a dwg a bit hard to test.

Hopefully this is correct

1 join 3 points

2 copy down to zero z all points

3 extrude over height

4 ucs 3 pick the 3 points, draw a line end to mid, draw a circle bigger than triangle

5 extrude circle

6 subtract circle from extruded triangle = 3d shape

Screen Shot 07-19-17 at 12.40 PM.PNG