Move Model Space to Layout 1 Tab

Casio47

Hello

How do I make an exact copy of all objects and paste them to one of the layout tabs?

If it's possible, do the layers also move with the model space drawing?

Thanks

Auto CAD 2016

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Casio47

• ReMark

• OMEGA-ThundeR

• rkmcswain

Do you mean to move the objects from Model Space -to- Paper Space? (Not to just make a viewport where the MS objects will show up...?)

You could use CutClip, then PasteClip.

Do you mean to move the objects from Model Space -to- Paper Space? (Not to just make a viewport where the MS objects will show up...?)

You could use CutClip, then PasteClip.

Yes, Move Model Space to Paper Space, only on my version of Auto CAD, the Paper Space tab says "Layout 1" has this changed in 2016? Or, was it always like tht, and I cant remeber?

Yes, if you cut you will lose everything in model space. Use COPYCLIP if you want to retain the objects in model space. But why don't you just create a viewport? Why duplicate everything in paper space?

Actually, that wont work, because Ill loose everything on Model Space if I cut it...Right?

You're right, I misread your post. Cut will delete. Copy will copy.

Copy with basepoint, but in essence its just 'copy/paste' work what you seem to want. i see no use in what you try to accomplish though...

Use the 'Change Space' command.

This moves objectes from layout to model and vise versa.

You have to use a viewport for that though, and you might not have it in the right UCS or same coordinates if that is important.

The OP did not state that he wanted to MOVE objects. He did however state he wanted to COPY objects from one space to another.

The OP did not state that he wanted to MOVE objects. He did however state he wanted to COPY objects from one space to another.

Well just make an block of all the objects in the model space then, create a copy and 'CHSPACE' that copy in the layout viewport. Exploded blocks afterwards. A lot of creativity is needed when using CAD :).

There are probably as many options available as respondents to this thread. It is up to the OP to decide for himself what will work best in his particular situation.

Use the 'Change Space' command.

This moves objectes from layout to model and vise versa.

This.

there is also a LISP around - copytoviewport or similar. Maybe LeeMac's site.

Hello

How do I make an exact copy of all objects and paste them to one of the layout tabs?

If it's possible, do the layers also move with the model space drawing?

Thanks

Auto CAD 2016

You would gain the best solution if you told us what exactly you want to achieve and why

You would gain the best solution if you told us what exactly you want to achieve and why

So I have a factory floor layout file. There are 3 future state concepts with each concept having multiple variations and a new set of dimensions for each variation. There are 16 variations as of now (including dimensions for each variation). To organize, I put each variation on a separate layer and a separate layer for each variation dimension, So as of now, there are 32 layers. What if I could take each set of variations (layout & dimension layer) and copy them to there own paper-space tab. and keep the main layout (with all variation layers) on model space.

Why can't you utilize one paper space layout for each variation of floor plan and dimensions? 32 floor plans = 32 paper space layouts.

Why can't you utilize one paper space layout for each variation of floor plan and dimensions? 32 floor plans = 32 paper space layouts.

This is exactly what i want to do. I just dont know how to get the original copied over to each paper space?

Do you know how to use a viewport, or, for some reason simply do not want to? You do understand that the modelspace objects are as big as the actual building, and the paperspace layout is only as big as your selected sheet paper size, right?

This is exactly what i want to do. I just dont know how to get the original copied over to each paper space?

You don't copy anything over to the layout. First you need a viewport. If one does not exist when you click on the layout then it must be created. One way to do this is to use the MVIEW command. Once the viewport is created then you can activate it and assign a viewport scale. A couple of things to keep in mind. 1) Once you have the view you want lock the viewport display so it is not inadvertently changed. Do this via the "Display locked" option. 2) It is advisable to place viewports on their own layer and set this layer to "no print" in the Layer Properties Manager.

Some time back I wrote a thread that contained useful information regarding paper space viewports. I'll see if I can find it and post a link for you to follow.

OK...here is the link.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?72972-Things-you-should-know-about-Viewports.&highlight=viewport+scale