Structural Detailing - Inclined Beam - Apex and Valley

nicolas

Hi,

Any input regarding valley detail for inclined beam connected supporting iron sheet coverings on galvanised rectangular tubes.

See Pic. The Valley is where Beam 4 and 5 connects.

Thanks.

Inclined RC Beam Connection.jpg

Thanks for your input.

However please note that I am actually looking for the structural detail for the RC Beam supporting the whole Steel Roof along with its Purlins and Rafter which is going to be Rectangular Hollow Tube.

You will see the details for the apex done. However trying to do so for the valley seemed impossible at least visually.

I don't understand why you are having a problem with the beam. This is a reinforced concrete beam correct?

Are you doing something similar to this?

ConcRoofBeam.JPG

The beam is indeed made of Reinforced Concrete with sectional dimension 300x150. I want to show the detail regarding where the inclined or sloping beams meet. I do have an apex and a valley detail found on the internet. I can do the apex detail but the angle for the valley is 165 degree. I wonder whether there is a need for a valley detail as well. I want to know how you normally tackle such beam connection. Here are some images regarding the project. Thanks.

Roof 00.jpg

Roof 01.jpg

Roof 02.jpg

sloping-beam.JPG

What's wrong with the details you have posted above? At this point it would be more a matter of specifying the correct rebar size and spacing.