Beginner - Revit coordinate system

samifox

How Revit handle coordinates? For example i want the object to be in 0,0 so when i export it to autocad i want it to be in the UCS 0,0.

How does it work?

How Revit handle coordinates? For example i want the object to be in 0,0 so when i export it to autocad i want it to be in the UCS 0,0.

How does it work?

In a collaborative environment, a properly set-up model may not export the way you want. Forget about changing the model to suit export needs like that unless you are doing it to a copy of the model. Just change it in AutoCAD to suit.

I wouldn't do that.

a. what good is Revit if you still need AutoCAD ?

b. For working with (future) dwg data from others

c. Building designs, 'bim' if you like, NEEDS to be associated to real coordinate system for Coordination purposes with stakeholders (eg working with gis data and As Built delivery)

hi

in my area, Revit is a new girl in town,

more than 90% of the people i work with using Autocad dwg.

so using Autolisp to utilize Revit > dwg to specific client's standards is needed.

i dont get, every object drawn in revit is actually 0.0.

so there is no coordinate system?

Have you tried exporting both from the Project Base Point and the Survey Point of a Revit project? Have you seen what the project coordinates show in Revit? There is a coordinate system, just not like AutoCAD.

so using Autolisp to utilize Revit > dwg to specific client's standards is needed.

There is no LISP in Revit.

If the project requires AutoCAD to a specific standard, use the right tool for the job, AutoCAD. Doing it in Revit and then exporting to .dwg is going to create headaches and a lot of unnecessary overhead.