New to Solidworks 2016

gotchy

In attempting to customize a toolbar by using the customize feature by right clicking the top bar I have ended up with more small icons than I need. Can someone tell me how to delete the ones I do not want? Also what would the path be or the general category for the following icons, Move Copy Bodies, Insert Part and Combine?

Thanks for your patience with a newbie

Andy

When you have the customize window open just drag icons off the toolbar and back down.

I believe the features you mentioned are actually in the "features" category.

The icons I mentioned are indeed in the Features category, thank you.

The icons do not drag off the screen, nor does delete work. I am using v2016, Student version if it matters at all.

Thanks again,

Andy

[icons off the toolbar and back down.

The icons I mentioned are indeed in the Features category, thank you.

The icons do not drag off the screen, nor does delete work. I am using v2016, Student version if it matters at all.

Thanks again,

Andy

[icons off the toolbar and back down.

You have to be in the Customize menu for them to drag on/off the toolbars. that is the only way in Solidworks since they allowed customization. Same thing for the S key shortcut menu. The only exception to this rule is the mouse gestures which have to be manually done through the customize menu i believe. I don't use them in Solidworks but seem to remember that.

here was a complete learn Solidworks 2016 series i did for an eLearning site.

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920046721.do

The first chapter is all about customization of the UI. They usually have a handful of free videos on there but i don't know if there are any.

I also have a free UI customization video on my site. You have to register but its free and i don't send you any emails other than the welcome/here is your password email.

https://www.solidbox.tv/course/solidworks-ui-customization/