Will you to Beta test my CAD app?

sabrehagen

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I'm really glad to find a whole bunch of likeminded CAD users! :) I've recently developed an app to help me with my CAD work. I want to share it with others so they can benefit too. The main goals of developing the app were:

No desktop software needed to view CAD files. All files should render in the browser.

The ability to visually compare the changes between different versions of files.

Full history of each user's contributions to a file. See exactly who did what, and when.

You might be thinking "but can't some CAD tools already do that?". Not consistently across all file formats. I developed this app because existing tools didn't suit my needs, so that should tell you enough.

I consider this app 'beta', so I'm not sharing it publicly yet. I'd really appreciate it if members here would give it a go and give me some feedback. If you'd like to, please send me a private message and I'll send you a link to download it there.

Looking forward to helping you all!

Jackson

If you'd like to, please send me a private message and I'll send you a link to download it there.

You only have 1 post so you cannot use the PM system. If you would like others to try your app and provide feedback, just provide a download link.

I have moved your thread to the Application Beta Testing Forum.

Wow, a dedicated forum for application beta testing - awesome!

Since I can't use the PM system, those of you interested can download the application at dev.stemn.com/download, see a demo project here, and get an overview here.

As new users try the app, I'm finding new bugs each day. If you encounter something that doesn't work, please comment in this thread. Looking forward to everyone's feedback!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi sabrehagen.

Not sure if you are asking about feedback on the demo or exclusively the downloadable app. I only took a look at the demo project (arduino card) so far, and it is pretty impressive. Some things are very nice to have, like anti-crénelage, ombres ambiantes et portées (anti aliasing/shadows), and it is a nice thing that you can turn them off because it makes my rig drop to +- 1 frame per sec, and made the progressive component regen used at every pan/orbit. On the other hand, if I check the "optimisation des performances" box, even if every graphical options are on, every pan/orbit remain very fluid, and the only things that go away due to the "affichage progressif" are shadows and reflects (sometimes only the reflection of some components). I'm not sure what core difference it makes to use the "optimisation des performances", but I would definitely want it to be on by default (even maybe on and not available to turn off) because as hard I tried I could not see any graphical difference, just a massive lag when unchecked.

I would add one thing, as nice I think it is to be able to view a 3D model in perspective (for huge objects, realistic line of sight, etc) I would really like to be able to turn off perspective, which can sometime (or often) be more convenient.

The possibility to take measurements on a model is very practical (not to say often necessary enough that some business end up buying more cad licenses just for that) but I don't know why, the 5-6 times I tried it totally froze my browser and it crashed every times when i tried to select the 1rst object. (60.0.3112.113 64 bits chrome, if usefull)

That being said, I really look forward to see more examples of other formats (is there a list of handled formats somewhere?) and for sure ill check from time to time to see what is new. Keep up the good work!

• 1 year later...

it was working smooth on my iPad Pro when it was running on ios 10 however as I have updated to ios 11.3 whenever now I am opening the app it only loads a blank screen on the start up and crashes after a while automatically. How do I fix it?