Trim not working as expected

OMEGA-ThundeR

Hello,

A colleague of mine is experiencing some problems while using the TRIM command. It might be something in the drawing settings, but i can't figure out what is wrong.

I made a screencast to show what the problem is (might still be being processed when posting this): https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast/8729c6b9-4e8b-464f-8da4-813ea7da7c5c

trim.dwg

The problem seems to be that when running the TRIM command and selecting the 'breakline' from left to right on the bottom half it also selects objects that aren't completely within the selection.

I can't recreate the problem in a new drawing, so it must be some setting in the drawing file itself.

There a 3 lines in total (the horizontal 'break'-line (on which to cut the white dashed line), the boundary and the white dashed line). There are no overlaying vertexes as far as i can see and no double lines.

Unless i am the only one that can see it, it's in the OP (trim.dwg).

But again: [ATTACH]61796[/ATTACH]

There a 3 lines in total (the horizontal 'break'-line (on which to cut the white dashed line), the boundary and the white dashed line). There are no overlaying vertexes as far as i can see and no double lines.

Actually, there are four polylines in model space. See.....

Fourlines.JPG

'Oh yeah, i deleted the fourth line at the top and all is well now :') '. Must be an old file :P, but there are only 3 that are in question here.

(edit) And the above was meant to be sarcastic, the problem is still there

Edited by OMEGA-ThundeR

It must be a quirk in AutoCAD. I have just tried trimming in DraftSight, and it behaved as expected (only picked up the one cutting edge).

I wonder if it has anything to do with the short length of the bounding polyline at the lower end. I exploded the polyline, erased the two short lengths and remade the polyline without them (four lines only) and the trim worked as expected.