Can someone please help me to draw the following image by using Tan tan radius

ahm

Hi There,

Can someone please help me to draw that in AutoCAD? I am new in AutoCAD. Tried to use Tan Tan radius. But couldn’t finish the drawing.

Many Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2017-07-28 20.40.39.png

I'll have to give it a try myself. As to your drawing the right hand side (where the straight line is located) does not appear to be correct.

Here is what I was able to do. I had to make a couple of assumptions in order to complete the area surrounded by the red cloud.

TanTanRadProb1.JPG

If you assume the odd line (inside ReMark's cloud) is horizontal, the far right edge is vertical, and the nondimension lines denote endpoints, it all fits. In other words, the segment between the centerline and the convex angle inside the cloud is a line not an angle.

widget1.JPG

It is apparent to me that observation of the problem is paramount to drawing it out. The quality of the picture of the problem is generally not of the finest, so it is up to the individual interpretation as to what is drawn.

The attached picture is how I saw it, and it is apparent that not everyone saw it the same way.

But the OP completed the drawing to their satisfaction and must be commended.

Components.PNG

To tie off the thread, here's how I established the parts in the bottom left corner.

The first object was the centerline, which is at a 30-degree angle. We know this because it's 60 degrees off vertical (also in the definition of arc-2 in eldon's diagram). Offset it by 27 to get straight-3. That also establishes one end of arc-7.

Offset straight-3 up by 15 (or the centerline down by 12). The end of that line is the center of arc-7. I assumed the angle of that arc is 90 degrees.

Once you've drawn arc-7, draw a horizontal line to the left. That's straight-5, but we don't have the other end yet.

Extend the centerline left by 26. That's where arc-6 ends and straight-6 begins. Trim arc-6 if necessary. You can draw a line perpendicular to the centerline or rotate it 270 degrees.

Fillet straight-5 and straight-6 with a radius of zero. Delete your temporary lines and you're done.

Please note, as several of us have pointed out, there is not enough information provided in the design to produce an unambiguous drawing.