mesh useable into Autocad

fostertom

I have a small 3D mesh model which I can Export (save as) in the following formats:

obj

ply

xyz

partList

fbx

dfx

dae

bvh

htr

trc

asf

amc

c3d

aoa

mcd

Any suggestions how I can convert the mesh to be importable into Autocad, in a form I can at least snap to it?

Preferrably without using Recap or recent Autocad's point cloud functionality.

The export to dxf produces a vast file which barely loads, let alone rotates in Autocad. Export to dea produces a tiny file which rotates freely but comletely dumb - can't snap to, can't EXPLODE.

Will fbx open directly into Acad, or Import?

I confess, It's actually Bricscad (Acad clone) I'm using and fbx won't open into that.

What abour 3ds? Want to try that into Brics but so far Online 3D Converter http://www.greentoken.de/onlineconv/ won't accept any of the files/formats I've exported, for conversion to 3ds. The mesh is being exported from https://www.capturingreality.com/

I can recommend Automapki Automesher for importing various 3D fileformat. Works much better for Sketchup and other files.

Automesher application converts mesh to solid and allows to import / export common 3D file formats in AutoCAD / BricsCAD / ZWCAD base DWG editors. It supports many of 3D file extensions including STL (Stereolithography), OFF (Object File Format), OBJ (Alias Wavefront Object), 3DS (3D Studio), SAT (Standard ACIS Text), IV (Inventor), PLY (Stanford Polygon Format), VRML (Virtual Reality), 3DM (Rhinoceros 3D Model), SKP (Trimble SketchUp), DAE (Collada), STEP (STandardized Exchange of Product), IGES (Initial Graphics Exchange Specification), BREP (Boundary Representation) and allows to convert 3D drawing entities (ie. polygon or polyface meshes) into 3D solid objects.