How to Draw Electric Guitar

A video is worth a thousand words.
I'm sure it is, but I'm not going through the trouble to do that.

This is not difficult. It's tracing the picture after it's imported into AutoCAD with the PLINE / SPLINE tool. Google or search Youtube for similar tutorials that will directly show you the exact methods used. I promise you if I did a video it would be all of 15 seconds and would be much more simple than you'd ever imagine if you would just give it a try.

-TZ

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• basty

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• f700es

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I need is a drawing guitar body, not a tutorial like above link.

You have been asking for someone to show you how to draw the guitar body and you clearly asked for a video in response to Tannar's reply about using the "Polyline tool with arcs to create the curves", so I provided you with one. Now you're saying that you just want someone to provide you with the drawing? I seriously doubt that is going to happen.

Can you show me the link of it?

The .dwg file can be found at the CAD Blocks Free website. Do a search on the words "electric guitar". Or look under the Musical Instruments category.

Don't confuse the website with one called CadBlocksForFree. They are not the same website and CBFF does not have any cad files of guitars.

Seek and ye shall find.

Does "Google - Guitar 2D CAD file" not work on his computer? ;)

I don't mind helping someone but take some initiative people.

Also the drawing here (http://www.cadblocksfree.com/en/electric-guitar-elevation.html) will save without the .dwg extension. Just add it to the file name and all will be well.

It's a nice drawing but not error free. Take a look at the spline of the main body and you will find some issues. Nothing major but issues none the less. The rest, bridge, pickups, tuners, neck, etc look pretty good. Strings could have ended on the tuners better....

Screenshot_2.jpg

That was a nice drawing you have.

Can you show me how to draw the guitar body like above using AutoCAD and GIF animation.

Otherwise you only show off.

bump bump bump

every other basty post on this forum

i think perhaps a social skills course would help you a lot.

others here have been very helpful for you. i wouldn't do jack ***** myself.

My "tools". Pardon the messy bookcase, my 11 year old was looking for something and left a mess on top of it. That discoloration on the acoustic is the reflection of the window on the other wall. I keep her shiny! ;)

tools.jpg

I run sound for bands in bars and clubs sometimes and my 2 most favorite instruments in the world are acoustic bass and a Leslie Rotary. If you haven't heard either one of these instruments you need to put it on your bucket list.

Miking the Acoustic base through the Leslie? They used to do stuff like that back in the psychedelic days. Couple thumps on the base would sound like they were orbiting the surface of a steel drum. Yup, I'm that old.