LayersPropertiesManager

OnkelRobert

I am using Acad2007. I am trying to use Layers Properties Manager and I can't get color, line type, etc to stick in layers. I have purged, and audited the drawing to no avail

I suspect you somehow managed to override these settings. Best bet is to attach a copy of your drawing (a .dwg file; not an image file) to your next post. Someone here will take a look at it and get back to you.

Well, I am a little confused. What do you mean by "stick in layers"? Do you mean you can't save your changes to the layer properties? How are you changing the layer properties?

Do you mean you can't get the objects to take on the layer properties?

I looked at the drawing. This is what I found upon opening.

1. All layers are assigned the same color.

2. The objects that do have an object color property of By Layer, are the layer color, except that one cannot tell what layer they are on by looking at the color because the layers are all the same color.

3. Object properties override layer colors - an object with a property set to something other than By Layer will not assume the layer property.

I did change the layer color properties. They stayed. I closed, and re-opened and they were still there, so I can only assume (for now) that your problem is number three above.

By the way. Here is a little tip that almost nobody anywhere near a school of architecture knows. Stud spacing begins with the corner studs always dead on the corner like you have them, then the first field stud is set to 15 1/4" in from the outside face of the corner stud to the same side face of the first field stud so its center line will be 16" from the outside corner of the wall. However, you have your first stud set 16" face to face, which make them all 3/4" too far from the corner. Framing carpenters expect the center line of the first field stud to be 16" in from the corner or end of a wall, at least on one end of the wall. With them set 3/4" off the framers will be just nicking the edge of the studs with their nails when they hang sheathing on them. Also, the first full sheet of sheathing will be 3/4" too short to reach the last stud center line it is to be nailed to.

Not to worry, the framers will ignore any drawing and set the studs spaced the way they want them anyway.

1strdrft_modified layers.dwg

Edited by Dana W