Block rotating when using Block Replace

Cidona

Dear Forum.

Any assistance in this regards would be very much appreciated...

Please see attached drawing. There are two blocks. There is 1 instance of "Spk_Umbrella_1" (located at 0,0,0) and hundreds of "Fitting11_7101". I'm looking to replace all the "Fitting11_11" with "Spk_Umbrella_1", however when I do the "Block Replace" command (from Express Tools) when it changes the block it 'flips it' to the wrong orientation.

The block "Spk Umbrella_1" is combination of 3D Faces.

Thanks again for any insight/solutions.

1st Flr Umbrellas.dwg

the easiest solution may be to select all the blocks that have been 'flipped' and then in 'properties', 'geometry', change one of the scales

E.G.

from

x = 1

y = 1

z = 1

to

x=1

y = -1

z = 1

if y & z are greyed out you will have to open the block in block editor and select 'no' for 'scale uniformly'.

Thank you very much much for your reply mikekmx!!

However, I'm still stuck. When I change the z from 1 to -1 it flips it 180 degrees, however I only want it flipped 90. Please see attached screen shot. Changing x & y didn't help.

FlippedBlocks.jpg

Any further suggestions would be great!

Thank you!

that's the easy fix out the window then.

another solution might be to remake the errant block but with x y &/or z rotated to suit. it might take a bit of trial and error. call the modified block a new name or if you want to keep the name, remove all instances of that block & do a purge before you insert the modified block .

sorry, but i am just on my laptop atm & can't try this for you right now.

the above is just a suggestion to try. someone may well come along with a tested solution.