Trying to switch families

yrnomad

I have a series of panels (Panelboard [PE]) that I'm trying to change to a different a newer panel family [E_EQPM_Panelboards], which has better label and clearance options.

I have both in the same room, but when I pick Panel 2C11, which is the old family and do the dropdown in the properties box, I don't have that newer family as an option to choose.

Anybody now why, or a workaround?

As a work around, we've been putting in the new family, then resizing and adjusting the location. I figured there should be a better way that someone would know.

They are both under the Electrical Equipment heading if that's what your asking...

The weird thing is that if I grip a E_EQPM_Panelboards, I can see the Panelboard [PE] in the dropdown list in properties. Just not the other way around, like I want to do.

Anyway, I've replaced all but one. Saved it just to use as a test to figure this out .

Families.jpg

What other differences are there between the two families? Any hosting types between the two? This would matter also I believe.

-TZ

*EDIT*

Also, it may be the Family properties, such as number of poles, phase, Voltage, etc. depending on if your panel is connecting circuits or not.

TZ,

I believe the E_EQPM_Panelboards, was created from Panelboard [PE]. I had been thinking it is probably a problem with mapping the parameter information between the two families.

I've kind of had this happen before with conduit. I've picked my piece of conduit, and for example say it's RMC and I want to change it to PVC, but there is no PVC option in with or without fittings. Sometimes RMC is the only choice.

Frustrating...