Export to Adobe Plotting Incorrectly

astellings

Good morning,

I am having some challenges with plotting from CAD to Adobe then printing. When I export from CAD to 'AutoCAD PDF (General Documentation).pc3' it exports to a PDF in Adobe. When I open the Adobe file, all layers and lineweights are displayed correctly. However, when I plot, certain items appear to go missing. What is weird is that it is not all items within a lineweight - only portions of the line will go missing (see pieces of road and contours will not plot). I cannot find anything corrupt with the AutoCAD file and there isn't anything standing out in Adobe either. I am not sure if this is an Adobe-specific problem or if it is related to AutoCAD. I have attached the CAD file as well as the PDF file. If anyone has any suggestions, that would be appreciated!

Sample Work.dwg

Sample Work-Preferred Concept.pdf

Have you tried with the "dwg to pdf" and compared result. Have used it and cutepdf with no problems.

Hi Bigal,

Thank you for taking a look at my issue. I have used CutePDF before but the quality of the drawing is not as good as when using the General Documentation. I have used the same export process for other drawings and it appears fine I am starting to wonder if it is more of an Adobe problem than an AutoCAD problem since it exports OK and appears on the screen correct.

Everything I saw in the drawing came out on the pdf too. I also used dwg to pdf.pc3, and monochrome.ctb. I went through the drawing and replaced the shx fonts with Arial. I also avoided using any commands with the word export in them. Since the 2016 version, I've found no need for third party pdf programs.