Viewports and Layer State Relation

Tudors

One layer can be used for all the viewports.

Each viewports can the option to on off or freez the same layer from the viewport itself.

Clarify your actual requirement.

I realize each viewport has the option to on off or freeze the same layer from viewport to itself, but if you have viewport A with Layer State 1 applied and & viewport B with Layers States 2 applied. How can i check that viewport A is actually using Layer State 1 and not Layer State 2? (other than manually applying each Later State and visually checking each to look if it correctly matches) is there some sort of property in the viewports that tells you which layer state is applied.

As far as I know, there is no connection between layer states and viewport settings for layers. It could be a handy thing to have, but it's complicated to implement. You may be able to store a VIEW with a layer state, but I haven't worked with those.

I realize each viewport has the option to on off or freeze the same layer from viewport to itself, but if you have viewport A with Layer State 1 applied and & viewport B with Layers States 2 applied. How can i check that viewport A is actually using Layer State 1 and not Layer State 2? (other than manually applying each Later State and visually checking each to look if it correctly matches) is there some sort of property in the viewports that tells you which layer state is applied.

There is a way that you can edit the description on the LAYERSTATE manager that as like "LAYERSTATE-1 for Layout-1"

See the attached image.

Hope this will helpful for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mm81m0jqbzg1cab/test.jpg?dl=0

Edited by isutheparambil
link missing

As far as I know, there is no connection between layer states and viewport settings for layers. It could be a handy thing to have, but it's complicated to implement. You may be able to store a VIEW with a layer state, but I haven't worked with those.

CyberAngel is correct, additionally, you could use named Views, each of which can include what is called a layer SNAPSHOT. :beer:

When you select one of your named views, the layer snapshot will be activated, defining visibility of layers within the viewport.

In that way when you click into a viewport to activate it, you can easily see the name of the saved view it is displaying, and you can select from any saved views in the .dwg, should you need to use a different one. Each saved VIEW will be predefined, including any current Layer settings (Snapshot), when created, if you choose the SAVE LAYER SNAPSHOT WITH VIEW option.

Edited by Dadgad