Why is this button grey?

oftenly

Simple question that is killing me softly. Why is this button grey? I finally figured out how to get a .stb file working, and now this.

WHY_GREY.png

Thanks for the help!

Edited by oftenly

Check the system variable PSTYLEMODE. If your drawing is using a color table, you won't have the option to work with plot styles. The command CONVERTPSTYLES will change the drawing from color-table based to plot-style based.

It's set to 0, which apparently means named plot styles, which is what I want.

I went through all the steps to convert my monochrome.ctb style to a .stb one, and applied it, and so I'm at the point where I should be able to create a bunch of different styles and apply them to different layers.

I just can't add styles, and all my internet searches come up with nothing. What could I possibly be missing?

I went through all the steps to convert my monochrome.ctb style to a .stb one, and applied it

Why did you convert your monochrome.ctb style to a .stb style? Autocad ships with a monochrome.stb plot style already set up, so there is no need to convert anything.

If you open the standard monochrome.stb file that should be located in your Plot Styles folder, you will see that the "Add Styles" button is available, (see image below). I'm guessing maybe something went wrong when you converted your .ctb file?

stb.jpg