Error whenever i open a DWG file

jUNI0R

Hey everyone (again),

Im having another unpleasant experience at the moment when i open DWG files for AutoCAD. I double click on them to open them through AutoCAD 2017 and i get a windows error saying "There was a problem sending the command to the program." But AutoCAD still opens up, it just doesnt open up the DWG, it goes straight to the main menu 'thingy' where i can see my recent documents and etc. i usually have to double click on the DWG somewhere between 3-7 times for it to produce my drawing and stop sending errors.

If anyone could also help me with this, that would be awesome.

Thanks much!

Where did you obtain your copy of AutoCAD?

Who installed it?

Were all updates installed?

What happens if you first open AutoCAD then go open a drawing?

When you check the properties of the AutoCAD desktop icon what is written on the line after the word "Target"?

Yet another reason to open drawings from inside AutoCAD. If you let the operating system do it for you, you may not get the result you want or expect.

1. Im not quite sure where we obtained the copy of AutoCAD, i'm using a work computer. (About a month after i started working the Senior Drafter was fired and the other 3 full-time drafters left, so it left me who is very 'green' to this and another guy who has more experience than me but is also learning.)

2. Im not sure who installed it either... :/

3. Im also not sure if all the updates are installed. Not sure even how to install new updates if need be, but i can probably google it and find an answer .

4. If i open AutoCAD first than the drawing than everything works just right

5. The target in the Shortcut properties is, "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US"

Sorry about the lack in knowledge, but thanks for trying to help me ReMark, it is much appreciated.

Yeah i have found that opening the program first than opening the DWG stopped the error from occurring. Thanks all again for the input!