Can't explode a block

Please could someone assist me in helping me explode a block? tried standard way and also going in via block editor, properties etc. to no avail. Please see attachment for drawing. Thanks for any input.

Westfield1.dwg

Works for me. I went into the block editor, Properties and set the property to "Allow Exploding".

The block is a Dynamic Block though, so once you explode it you will lose all the dynamic functionality.

Hi CAD64, thanks for replying. Please can you tell me where the 'Allow exploding' option is? I can't see it when I'm properties and I am using autocad 2013.also do you need to highlight part of the block first then right click properties? Thanks

Click on the block to select it, then right click and choose "Block Editor" from the pop up menu. Once you are in the block editor, there is an option in the Properties to "Allow Exploding". Set that to "Yes" and then save and close the block editor. Now you will be able to explode the block.

Also is there a way to explode the block without the text within it altering? Or is this what you meant with the dyno?

Basically i need to make certain objects within the block one colour and others another colour. If this can't be achieved without messing up the text is there a function where I can highlight over certain objects without the need to explode and change their colour? Thanks

The text is altering when you explode the block because the text is an attribute. If you want it to stay the same, use the BURST command instead of EXPLODE. But, since this is a dynamic block, when you run the BURST command, it's going to make a mess of things and throw a lot of extra text objects around which you will have to clean up.

Why can the colors not be changed within the block editor, rather than explode the block? Is it that you need only one or two instances of the same block with different colors? If so, a block can be Saved As another block name after edits. Just changing colors will not affect the dynamic parameters, nor the attributes of the block. The original block will still be there under the original name.

Once you have made edits to the block, you can either type the command BSAVEAS, or click the Open/Save drop down button, under the Edit Block & Save Block tiles at the far left of the block editor ribbon. See image.

Give the new one a unique name, like original name-red and green, or whatever fits your fancy.

blockedit.jpg

• 5 years later...
On 8/21/2017 at 6:34 PM, Cad64 said:

Works for me. I went into the block editor, Properties and set the property to "Allow Exploding".

The block is a Dynamic Block though, so once you explode it you will lose all the dynamic functionality.

Thanks. You Made my Day