Export 2D elevation from 3ds max 3d model

nocturne00

Hi all. not sure if this topic has been posted here before.

I need to export 2D line elevation drawings from a 3D model in 3Ds max.

googled some topics but got no straight answer,, only that there is no straight way to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but I've done similar projects using the 'Ink n' Paint' shader.

Here are some tutorials:

Thanks for the reply. nice tutorial by the way.

but the tutorial exports the 3d model as an image(jpg, Png, etc)- what I need is to export it in 2d lines in autocad format, im unsure if there is a direct way.

Similar to how Sketchup has that export to 2d graphic, or AutoCAD command "Snapshot"

Try exporting your model to .sat format, then import the .sat file into Autocad. Switch to Front view and run Flatshot. I just tried this on a very simple model and it worked perfectly.

That worked great! i didnt know about the ".sat" format, until I recall seeing it in Revit. I'm currently using LT version so I couldnt use flatshot. ended up importing the .sat file in Revit then exported from revit a set of 2D autocad lines from the elevations.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers!