post processors compatible with autocad?

bmz

Hello all. As I learn slowly how to draw in autocad 2017, I find a need for a post processor to generate g code. I also have fusion360, but really dont want to try and learn that at the same time as learning autocad.

So, any recommendations for a good reliable and preferable free post processor that will accept autocad files?

I tried opening the autocad file in bobcad to use the built in post processor, but bobcad cant even open an autocad file. Not that i know how to do anyway.

Needing a post processor. Thanks!

I meant to add about using a DXF file. Pretty sure BobCAD needs a DXF as well.

What brand name equipment do you use that needs G-Code?

Im currently running a generic type router table with a gecko controller setup. Have been using bobcad for quite a while, but its an older version and it is unstable on win10. I might be doing something wrong as far as trying to use the autocad file on bobcad. I have tried saving the drawing as an autocad dxf, but bobcad will not open that. Guessing that autocad codes their files so that only autocad will open them? In doing more research, it appears that fusion 360 is an all in 1 alternative. I might spend some more time with it. My goal is to have a stable and current cad cam solution for production purposes,, and hopefully have a marketable skill for work outside work. Knowing bobcad isnt exactly marketable.

You may need to save as a R12 .dxf from AutoCAD for an older BobCad it's hard to say, could just be trying to use it on Windows 10.

Did you try the ACE Converter I posted the link for?