Ditch the useless ribbon

How do I get rid of the ribbon and get classic view back on autocad lt 2016. Time is money and the extra clicks required for the ribbon are to expensive lol.

You can always learn the Ribbon and set it up to be just as fast, if not faster.

But the best way I've found is to follow this process:

Type at the command line -TOOLBAR and type a known Toolbar such as Standard and hit Enter. Then type RIBBONCLOSE and set MENUBAR to 1. Now with the one toolbar open you can right click and open all the Toolbars your heart desires.

-TZ

I struggled 12 years ago when the CUI was introduced, I'd been using AutoCAD for 13 years already and even taught a course on customizing it in 2003. It wasn't easy, but I since found that organizing everything into tabs and panels that often switch automatically switch for modifying many objects as well as for many commands. The Ribbon format started with Windows Office software, but AutoCAD has taken it further than Office. The Ribbon allows organizing hundreds of commands and features not possible before. The only toolbar I use now is the Quick Action Toolbar where I can undo the last 28 commands by selection or thaw a layer and change it's color.

I encourage you to give it an honest try, remember what happens to those who can't keep up.

Keyboard and custom shortcuts, hotkeys are the fastest. Learn them, doesn't matter if the ribbon is there or not, I have the Ribbon reduced to tabs at the top.