UCS in AutoCAD LT 2017

jaff

What I am trying to do is to view the entire structure of the frame in the xy plane in lieu of the profile view (just a line view in the xy plane, I hope that make sense). see attached

InkedEast Elev._LI.jpg

Thanks CAD64 but changing the vertical axis in Risa is not practical, I will need to do the frame from scratch. I thought it will be easy to change the ucs in cad.

It's just the export setting that you're changing, so that when you export your structure, the "Up" axis will get flipped and it should import into Autocad correctly. You're not changing anything in the Risa 3D work environment.

As for the UCS in Autocad, there's nothing to change because it's already set to World. It's the imported structure that's flipped on end.

Just try it and see if it works. You can always set it back if it's a problem.

What you want is rotate3d but thats not in LT.

If LT supports UCS set your UCS to the plane of the frame then use copy clipboard go to a new dwg and paste it will paste as world.

3rd attempt I will try to find set ucs to plane for you and add to the dxf as its so short, trying to get this to work but not sure what I am missing.

4th is rearrange the dxf changing the values it is very short so could be done.

This works so need to work out which bits to cut out. It has the current UCS set to the Z plane and it has a name ZZZZ. So UCS R ZZZZ PLan

test.dxf

Edited by BIGAL

You need to use the UCS command, LT doesn't have some of the tools used in full Autocad and so you have to use what there is. Set the variable "ucsfollow=1", then type "ucs" followed by enter next "left" from there select everything and copy everything with a base point of 0,0 "Ctrl+shift+C". Select everything again and delete it.

set the drawing back to "ucs" "world" and now paste using 0,0 as the insertion point (if everything is mirrored then change the command to "ucs" "right" in the first step above), in fact you can choose between world (or top), left, right, front, back, and bottom, which are not shown at the prompt. You'll also find these on the ribbon and menu.

Now you will need to rotate everything.

But this is just the start of your problems, in Autocad, there is something called "normals" (it's a difficult subject to cover in 5 minutes but it's there and your geometry is mixed up), and so all you're geometry from the other program is just about unusable for a lot of things in Autocad or could at least potentially stop some commands from working. You really need to look at CAD64's advice and look at the settings in that other program.

Nice one steven-g I used UCS 3 for testing did not think about erasing then paste to world, which is the same method as paste to a new dwg. This is much simpler than trying to change the ucs via the dxf.

Seems like a lot of excessive jumping through hoops when the original 3D program should be able to export a usable dxf file to open in Autocad. I sometimes have to deal with this issue when moving from one program that utilizes a "Y" axis up work environment to another program that uses a "Z" axis up work environment. Usually you just change the setting in the Export options and it provides a seamless transition between the two programs. Not sure why it isn't working the same way with this Risa 3D program? :unsure: