Solidworks resources dissapearance

reggy

I seem to have lost some of my Solidworks Resources window which is all the way to the right of the screen. Is there a way to retrieve it? I now want to learn how to utilize it when importing files from my computer. Is there anything downloadable regarding this feature?

Reginald

Thank you, I now need to learn how to use it, also, did this feature also apply in older versions of Solidworks?

What folder do I transfer my candidate files to in order to drag them onto a pre-made platform, for example,

from my resources section?

Reggy, I am not following your question exactly. The section on the right of the screen is called the "Task Pane" and is a location to house all sorts of things. The Home icon is called Solidworks Resources. I don't use it personally but its a quick access(sort of) way to make a new file, look at tutorials and access various things like Solidworks tools like the Property Tab builder as well as community forums etc. Also things like Driveworks, the property Tab builder and other applications will display in the Task pane.

The Design Library(next tab down in the Task Pane) is generally the location of things like presaved annotations, Assemblies, features(Library Feature Parts), drag/drop routing components, Toolbox and so on.

Going down the line is the File Explorer which is similar to windows file explorer in terms of functionality. In years past it was a bad idea to copy/past stuff in windows explorer but SW has done a good job playing nice with windows for the past few years.

I am sure you have already figured this out but by right clicking in the open space on any tab at the top of the screen you can turn on toolbars. That is where you can show/hide the "task pane".

The Task pane has been around as long as i have been using solidworks so i can't say for sure when it was added. 2008 is the oldest version of Solidworks i have personally used and it was in there.