Invalid or incomplete DXF input

chubarka

Has anyone seen this error message, and can anything be done about it?

Invalid or incomplete DXF input, drawing discarded.

I received this message after converting a line drawing in the JPG format to a vector file in the DXF format, and scaling it down in size. And when the message says "discarded", that is exactly what happened, the file is gone.

Chubarka

Well, the ERROR means what it seems: the AutoCAD's DXF parser considers the DXF file you are trying to eval as incomplete; if you can't make any more adjusts in the DXF's generator, you'll should dive the DXF (it's a plain ASCII file) searching for stranger values or incomplete sections.

Take a look at Autodesk DXF About...

guigonse, and BIGAL,

Thank you so much for your replies. Unfortunately you are both at a much higher level of skill at AutoCAD than I, and consequently I don't have a clue as to understanding your solutions.

I wouldn't know how to post the dxf, nor have I ever heard of adjusting a dxf Generator. If you could kindly elaborate at a lower level, I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you again,

Chubarka

guigonse, and BIGAL,

I wouldn't know how to post the dxf, nor have I ever heard of adjusting a dxf Generator. If you could kindly elaborate at a lower level, I would certainly appreciate it.

@chubaka, what I meant was that, if you can't change any parameter in the program which is generating the DXF, your only option is to edit it "by hand", which is (relatively) easy as DXF files are simple ASCII files, with a well known structure as described in Autodesk's web, at https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/AutoCAD-DXF/files/GUID-73E9E797-3BAA-4795-BBD8-4CE7A03E93CF-htm.html

Nevertheless, it won't be an easy work, so ensure first you can't change the DXF's originator.